Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WJOX follow up...

Thanks to Jon for passing this link on.

------------------

My name is Lance Taylor, I am one of the co-host of the Roundtable on WJOX. My partner and I made some borderline ridiculous comments about cycling on Thursday and as you know there has been some obvious fallout. I do want to let you know, not that it matters, that what was blogged were not my direct comments. It really doesn't matter because my comments were uneducated. I would like to tell you that the past 48 hours have been a little strange and to be honest unproductive for all parties.

With all of that said I think that there is an opportunity for not only WJOX, but our listeners to learn a little bit more about what your community has to deal with on a daily basis.
As I have stated, I made a mistake, but why not use positive energy and let others like myself become informed of the dangers of motorists and cyclists.

If you have a moment please email me and let me know if you or someone would like to be a guest on our show this week to discuss.



Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
----------------

Personally, I think this is the best outcome we could have hoped for in this situation and hope that this does become the opportunity that Mr. Taylor has outlined. Thanks to everyone for writing and calling and letting them know how you felt.


-Alan

PS. Don't forget the Bike Cleaning this Saturday.

3 comments:

spiderleggreen said...

yay! Democracy!

rachael said...

this happened in atlanta with a station called 99x a while back. it's nice when a teaching moment can come about...or people could maybe behave themselves in the first place...? maybe i'm asking for too much.

Anonymous said...

If you would like, I would be willing to take part in the radio show. It probably wouldn't hurt for us to bike/trike there together.